Tuesday 19 July 2011

D.I.Y: Statement Rings

Rings are the most entertaining type of D.I.Y project, in my opinion.
You have an infinite list of objects you can use and transform it into a ring.
Below are some examples of rings you can create by using a ring blank as a base.

The tutorial/project of the triple stud ring is one of my favourites.
You can alter the method We Heart This used and create something different.

The spike ring tutorial (as seen below) uses the
same method of attaching the stud/bead cap to ring.
Posted by Studs and Pearls, and as well as the tutorial above, had many readers
praising their work.


After reading these D.I.Y posts, I considered to myself if it was possible to use
other "decals" (rather than studs) by using the same method.

For example, you can use skull beads and maybe some
wing-shaped beads/pendants.
Remember: You can always spraypaint the beads!
If you have any more suggestions, please comment below.
Otherwise..
Good luck with your rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment