Monday 18 July 2011

D.I.Y: Vests & Dresses Created From Scarves

Hello everyone! Have you ever seen those silk square scarves? The ones you see many old cute grannies wear around their necks and heads.  I have always wanted those, seeing the material and beautiful designs.  So here are some alternative ways to wearing these scarves.


The tutorial for the vest is from a very lovely blogger (Studs-and-Pearls.com) with a rebellious imagination.  Clearly, I don't know what else to say to introduce this blogger. Seeing this as my first post, I hope you all can forgive me.

The tutorial is ridiculously simple and easy.  You simply cut two slits, like so..

"First and only step: cut two diagonal slits on either side of the scarf's midpoint.
That's it!"



The next tutorial is one that I prefer over the vest. Simply because I just have an obsession with dresses. Ironically, I barely have any dresses in my own closet, no worries, I'll work on it.
This project you would need two scarves, and they don't need to be alike either.
I believe that shows a little self expression and creativity.

The picture above is from her post displaying how she styled the dress.

The project is from Glamourai and is perfect for a beginner sewer, for the dress does not need to be perfect.
If it's lop-sided it still looks great, just match it with a belt!  All [Glamourai] instructs is to sew a hourglass shape and some chains to act as straps.  Be creative, it doesn't need to be chains to be straps.

Good Luck!







2 comments:

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.
    Solid Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future...
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete